Everyone could use more Dilithium, and we are always looking for new ways to farm some extra. While farming dilithium solo is still going to be painstaking and slow, there is a way to speed up the process with a partner. The key is an understanding of PvP missions. Whether you are a new captain or a Vice Admiral, there is an opportunity to farm a lot of dilithium quickly with the help of 1 other person. The following is step by step instructions for the receipt of your treasure in dilithium on all Federation captains. You must know that none of the other missions are available unto you finish the intro mission, Neutral Zone Diplomacy. So everyone must be sure to start there if they have not completed it already. For those who have done PvP on their captain already, please skip down to the next set of steps.
Lt (5) – VA (50)
* At Lt (5) a mission becomes available for you to accept from Admiral Quinn called “Neutral Zone Diplomacy”
* Travel to Deep Space K-7 in Eta Eridani Sector Block
* After transporting onto station, use the turbolift straight in front of you
* Talk with Naomi Wildman at desk to the left
* Return to turbolift
* Go through the doorways to the right
* Run through the middle of the pillars/columns and look to the right as soon as you pass the pillars
* Talk with Cmdr Makza
* Turn around and head to opposite wall from Cmdr Makza
* Talk with Cpt Mackenzie Calhoun
* Return to turbolift
* Talk with Naomi to finish
* Press ‘Hail Starfleet’ button
* Click on ‘Available’ tab
* From Cpt Calhoun accept tutorial mission: Ending Enemy Expansion
* Now you are ready to find a partner and farm dilithium
For the next set of steps, I will share with you how to quickly finish each PvP mission dealing with Fighting in Capture and Hold or Assault Scenarios. You will not be using the public PvP que as those rounds will slow the process down. The key is private challenges. Up front you need to understand that there will be a specific order in which each step must be done which will allow for the quickest completion of each round and the missions. Each team will have to finish certain steps in a certain order. The goal of each round is to carry a computer virus from the mainframe at your base to an opposing team’s terminal. You will not need to shoot other players at all through the round. There are 2 types of terminals: there is a small terminal for each team in the alley in the middle of the map and there is a terminal at each team’s base. Once a partner has been chosen, you must setup the private challenge.
* Right-click on the name of your partner and choose ‘challenge player’ (it does not always work to right-click their names from the chat box to begin the challenge. you may need to do the first from the social panel/friends list)
* Once the private challenge screen comes up, change Map from ‘assimilated cruiser’ to ‘shanty town’ by clicking on the drop down menu at the top left
* Then change Station Health at the top right from 60 to 10 by erasing the 60, typing 10, and pressing Enter
* Note which team each player is on: Red team or Blue team
* When everyone is ready press the ‘Start’ button at the bottom of the screen and wait for the map to load
* Once loaded you will need to pickup the computer virus from your base. each base is located in a corner of the map and is the area with a floor computer panel, a wall computer panel, and several turrets including the heavy disruptor/phaser turret
* There will be a computer panel on the wall at each base where you will ‘download virus code block’ (this makes the player who has the virus glow white). Both teams can download the virus immediately.
* Both teams can begin making their way to their next step, killing all turrets along the way.
* The order of the following will be: Red team deliver virus at middle terminal, blue team deliver virus at base terminal, red team deliver another virus at base terminal
* (Red) Make you way outside your base and to the left. Run until you are just in front of a walkway going up, turn to the right and head down the middle alley. On the far end of the alley will be an enemy turret on the left side and an enemy terminal on the right side. Kill the turret and then ‘Upload Virus Code Block’ at the terminal. This will cause the statement to show “Red Team virus detected at defense post” and the Red team’s score will change to 7. Return to your base to pickup another virus for next step.
* (Blue) Make your way outside your base and to the left. Run until you are just in front of a walkway going up, turn to the right and head down the middle alley. Kill the turret on the far left and continue running through to the other side of the alley. Turn left on the other side of the alley. Begin making your way towards the base and kill all the turrets you can see. The base will be on your right side. Once the turrets are all destroyed, you are ready to ‘Upload Virus code Block’ but be sure Red team has already finished their step first. Wait until Red team’s score reads 7 and then you can ‘Upload Virus code Block’ into the floor computer terminal inside their base. This will cause the statement to show “Blue team is assaulting the mainframe” and the Blue team’s score will change to 3. At this point, anyone who is in the Tutorial mission, Ending Enemy Expansion, must turn in their mission by pressing ‘Hail Starfleet’ button and either pressing ‘Hail Starfleet’ at the top right or going to ‘In Progress’ tab and completing the mission there.Then accept the next one. Also others may finish their PvP mission at this point and should turn it in and accept the mission again.
* (Red) Once you have your 2nd virus, make your way outside your base and to the left. Run until you are just in front of a walkway going up, turn to the right and head down the middle alley. Kill the turret on the far left and continue running through to the other side of the alley. Turn left on the other side of the alley. Begin making your way towards the base and kill all the turrets you can see. The base will be on your right side. Once the turrets are all destroyed, you can ‘Upload Virus code Block’ to end the round.
* The round is now over and everyone can ‘leave map’. Each round will complete 2/3 of the mission. Those who started with the Tutorial, should now have 1/3 of the main mission.
* Once everyone is out, you can start another round following the same instructions.
* You may do this over and over and over until you feel you have enough dilithium on that Captain. You are always able to switch to another Captain and do it more.
Some final thoughts and tips:
* Though the instructions are for Federation Captains, a Klingon can come just as easily. He just needs his respective tutorials/missions and will Hail KDF instead of Starfleet.
* You can take many players with you. Fill the spots and let as many people get credit as will come with you. You may even want to make a Fleet Event or Alliance Event of it.
* Don’t Shoot! Make sure not to shoot at those carrying the virus. They will be glowing white. Now if you want to have a little fun and let the other players shoot it out while the virus carriers do their thing, that will be totally up to you. The mission only needs the virus carriers. Everyone else will get credit and can have fun along the way, but be careful that not too many people are defeated. If too many go down, it will throw off the scores too much to complete the round the right way.
* Turn in! Turn in! Turn in! Be sure to turn in the mission whenever it finishes. Whether it finishes at the end of a round or is done after the Blue Team’s step, turn it in and get the mission again.
Reposted from http://lionsofjudah.info/forums/index.php?topic=23.0
Written by Aaron (Nyvir@asprophet), Lions of Judah Fleet Chaplin