2 Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2 (NIV)
I read this blog from last year and I realized something. I chuckled to myself as I sat down to re-write this blog.
There are religions that do not celebrate Christmas to them I send my respects. There are many Agnostics and Atheists would rather say “Happy Holidays” than say “Merry Christmas”…they think it is a respectful stab in the back to say that. Than I thought, “How many people that are Agnostics or Atheists celebrate Christmas?” You are a closet Christian if you do anything of these things.
- If you sing or listen to Christmas carols…did you know most Christmas carols are hymns?
- If you watch the Charlie Brown Christmas Special…Linus recites Luke Chapter 2 which explains the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- If you are going to spend Christmas with your family and/or friends. In the Christian faith “Where 2 or more are gathered in God’s name then God will be among us. Remember God is everywhere not just in churches.”
- If you have a husband/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend and children and you plan to celebrate Christmas in the traditional fashion of exchanging gifts. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God— 9 not the result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 (NRSV)
- If you love anyone such as your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend, your children, your parents, your cousins your brothers and sisters if you love anyone at all. God so loved the world that He gave His only son Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
- If you experience any joy during this Christmas season. The word joy appears over 150 times in the bible and is the fruit of a right relationship with God. Example: God has given me great joy in writing this blog that I may spread God’s word God’s love and God’s ministry to all the people.
- If you enjoy doing any of the above than you are most likely a “Closet Christian”. So you might as well come out of the closet just repent your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. There are plenty of Agnostics and Atheists that have become Christian…be one of them.
God bless all that read this with His love, light, grace, mercy, and wisdom. In the name of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Amen.
21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. Revelation 22:21 (KJV)